The DigitalFood Chobani® Scratcher Sweepstakes Official Rules
Official Rules 2017
The following constitutes the Official Rules for the DigitalFood® Sweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA & IL WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. MOBILE AND INTERNET ACCESS REQUIRED.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
APPLE IS NOT A PARTICIPANT IN OR SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION.
The Chobani® Scratcher Sweepstakes (“The Sweepstakes”)
- Promotion Period: The DigitalFood® Chobani® Scratcher Sweepstakes. (the “Promotion” or “Game”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) on May 22, 2017, and ends at 11:59:59 PM PST on June 26, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM PST on June 26, 2017.
- Administrator & Sponsor: The Promotion is administered and sponsored by CausePlay, LLC 1601 Sepulveda Blvd. #752, Manhattan Beach CA, 90266 (“Administrator” and “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to people 18 years of age or older (as of date of entry) who are legal residents of CA & IL. The officers, directors, and employees of CausePlay, LLC and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Sponsor”), Food4Less and its parent company and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies, FoodsCo and its parents company and their subsidiaries and affiliated companies and all advertising, promotion and judging agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Promotion (collectively the “Promotion Parties”) and immediate family members or persons living in the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in this Promotion. If a prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the minor’s behalf to the minor’s parent or legal guardian who must sign all required acknowledgements and releases. The Promotion is only open to legal residents of CA & IL.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter this Sweepstakes: via Mobile Device through entering a working mobile number or via U.S. Mail.
- MOBILE: Participants can play the THE CHOBANI® SCRATCHER SWEEPSTAKES by visiting their phones App stores and downloading the Digitalfood app. Participants can also go to www.Digitalfood.com where links to the participating app store is made available. To participate, review the instructions and rules before playing the Digital Scratcher game. Participants will be offered a Scratcher to play. Depending upon how each Participant accesses the Promotion, he/she may use a mouse, touch pad or finger to “scratch off” the top layer on the screen to reveal the hidden item. The goal is to match three identical items by “scratching” off three spaces within the game screen within one play. Participants can play one game per day during the Promotion period. When a Participant matches three identical items, he/she will be eligible to receive a Prize Award. Winners who are awarded a prize during this Promotion can play additional games and/or continue to share or invite others to participate in the Promotion. Your information will be used to contact you if you are a potential winner for a Prize Award. You understand that you are providing your information to Digitalfood.com. This Promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Apple.
- BY U. S. MAIL: To enter the Sweepstakes by U. S. Mail, hand print your name, address, city, state, ZIP code, date of birth, email address and daytime telephone number on a 3” X 5” card, and mail it, in an envelope with postage affixed, to: DigitalFood’s The CHOBANI® SCRATCHER Sweepstakes, 1601 Sepulveda Blvd. #752, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266. Mail-in entries must be postmarked and received by the “sweepstakes period” in order to be eligible for a Weekly Drawing. Entrants may enter only by using one of the entry methods described in these Official Rules. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means, and entries made on an entrant’s behalf by any other individuals or any other entity, including but not limited to commercial sweepstakes/subscription notification and/or entering services, will be deemed void and disqualified.
Sponsor need not inform you if you have earned an entry or not. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same mobile phone number. Incomplete entries, entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, entries that do not fully comply with these Official Rules, or entries which subvert the entry process, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will not be eligible. Proof of submission of text does not constitute proof of delivery or entry during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received from any person, regardless of mobile phone number used, in excess of the above stated limitation will be void. All entries must be received during an applicable Entry Period to be eligible. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider regarding its data pricing plans. Data rates may apply. The computer clock of the Administrator hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned, and Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Texting to the above short code constitutes your consent to these Official Rules.
- SELECTION OF WINNER AND NOTIFICATION: To be a Winner, an entrant’s scratching of the scratcher (“Game Play”) must have occurred at the exact randomly predetermined winning time as determined by Sponsor or, if such Game Play does not occur at the exact randomly predetermined winning time, entrant’s Game Play must be the first Game Play following the predetermined winning time. The number of Prizes available to be won will decrease during the Promotion Period as prizes are awarded and claimed. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Msg&Data charges may apply to mobile participation. 40 prize packages will be awarded. If not enough entries are received, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing of the eligible entries and the odds of winning a prize in such random drawing will be determined by the actual number of eligible entries received by Sponsor. Being selected as a Winner shall not disqualify a participant from being selected as a Winner again.
- NOTIFICATION: Potential Prize Winners will be notified upon winning within 10 days. Potential winners must follow instructions given by Sponsor or designated agent, including, but not limited to, responding to notification with requested information, within seven (7) days of receiving notification. Awarding any prize is subject to verification of potential Winner’s eligibility and full compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, a selected potential Winner may be required to complete and return to Sponsor or its designated agent an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Liability/Publicity Release Form (“Affidavit and Release”) within seven (7) days of receiving the Affidavit and Release. Only after the Affidavit and Release is received by Sponsor or designated agent will a potential Winner become an “Official Winner” for purposes of this Promotion. Failure to return the signed Affidavit and Release within seven (7) days following the date of delivery thereof may result in forfeiture of the prize. If Winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, the prize will be awarded to the minor’s parent or legal guardian and the parent or legal guardian will be required to complete, sign and return the Affidavit and Release within the same time period outlined above. At Sponsor’s discretion, Winners may be required to produce picture or some other form of proper identification to claim any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize with prize of equal or greater value. If (1) a potential Winner cannot be contacted as specified above; (2) he/she fails to return the signed Affidavit and Release by the deadline specified above; (3) any notification is returned as undeliverable; or (4) a potential Winner is deemed ineligible for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion, the potential Winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be randomly selected in his/her place from among all remaining eligible Entries. Up to three (3) alternate Prize winner drawings may be conducted for each unawarded prize, after which the Prizes will remain unawarded. If by reason of printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules, the advertised number of prizes in the relevant category/ies will be awarded to Entrants selected according to the process outlined under Section 5 of these Official Rules. Under no circumstances will more than the advertised number of prizes be awarded.
- PRIZES: A potential winner, subject to verification, may be eligible to receive one of Ten (10) Prizes of a $50 (Fifty Dollar) gift card. Prize Awards: - Gift Cards - $50.00/10 Total Prizes. The suggested retail price for products to be awarded during Promotion: $500.00.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes may not be substituted for cash. All prizes under this Promotion are awarded “AS IS”. Sponsor does not make or offer any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Promotion or any prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed herein, are non-transferable, with no cash redemption, substitution or extension except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If event is canceled or postponed for any reason, Sponsor will award winner with a substitute prize (as determined within Sponsor’s sole discretion) having the same or more value. Exact event seat locations to be determined solely by Sponsor. Event tickets are subject to terms and conditions applicable thereto and winners and guests must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Sponsor and event/venue representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to any winner and/or his/her guest who engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at event. Winners and their respective guests will be escorted out of the event by Sponsor, the applicable venue representatives, or their designated agent(s) for improper conduct and/or violation of federal, state or local laws (including, but not limited to, the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs, unlawful drug paraphernalia, and alcohol) and will forfeit the balance of prize. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of event. Event prizes do not include anything not listed above in the prize description, including without limitation, transportation, lodging, meals or spending money. Federal, state, or local taxes on prizes, if any, and any other costs, fees or expenses not listed above are the sole responsibility of each Winner. Taxes on and in connection with all prizes are the sole responsibility of each Winner; Sponsor or its designated agent may issue an IRS Tax Form 1099 to the Winners for Prizes with an ARV of $600 or more. If any Winner is an otherwise eligible minor, the prize will be awarded in the name of his or her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on Winners as set forth herein.
- BINDING EFFECT: By submitting your entry you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. All federal, state and local laws apply.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Entries limited to one (1) entry per participant per day. Each day begins at 12:00am PST for entries made via the App and constitutes one postmarked day for mail-in entries. Multiple participants are not allowed to use the same email address. Any attempt by a participant to acquire more than one (1) entry per day by using numerous email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Promotion is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the authorized user will be deemed to be the Entrant and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The potential Winners (as defined below) may be required to show proof of being the authorized user. The “authorized user” is the natural person assigned to the account with the information the user provided. All entries will be provided to and become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrant acknowledges and agrees that all information submitted by Entrant in connection with the Promotion may be shared by the recipient Promotion Party with all other Promotion Parties. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, illegible or misdirected Entries, which will be disqualified; for technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, electronic malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software; any failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or any combination thereof; or for any error, human, technical or otherwise; or any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from entering, participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to modify, cancel or suspend this Promotion for any reason whatsoever including, but not limited to, a computer virus, bug, or other cause beyond the control of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds tampering with the operation or entry process of the Promotion, or acting in violation of these Official Rules or applicable law. Entries delayed past the Promotion Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed.
- NO LIABILITY & INDEMNIFICATION: Promotion Parties are not responsible for and Entrants release Promotion Parties from any failures of any kind, whether caused by computer, technical, or human error, which may either limit the Entrant’s ability to submit an entry, claim or collect a prize, or otherwise participate in this Promotion, or either’s ability to include all eligible entries, conduct random drawings, notify potential Winners, or otherwise execute this Promotion in the manner intended. Entrants further release and agree to indemnify Promotion Parties from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with this Promotion including, but not limited to: (a) the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; (b) any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or any other materials disseminated by Sponsor; and (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers used by an Entrant and/or Sponsor. Promotion Parties disclaim all and any liability for the actual provision, quality or nature of any third party product or service accepted by the Winners. Entrants assume all risk of loss, damage, destruction, delay or misdirection of materials/mail/email submitted to Sponsor. As a condition of participating, Entrants agree that (1) under no circumstances will any Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and each Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, (2) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and shall be resolved exclusively by arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association; and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorney’s fees.
- OTHER TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, without prior notice and at any time, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Promotion, or any portion thereof, should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, integrity or security of the Promotion (including but not limited to attempts to hack into or otherwise tamper with underlying source code/programming of the Website). The Promotion Parties are not responsible for hardware, software or telephone failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, lost network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by technical or human error which may occur and/or which may damage a user’s system or limit an Entrant’s ability to participate and/or redeem prizes in the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the Promotion, violates these Official Rules or otherwise engages in fraudulent or offensive conduct with respect to this Promotion. Caution: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrants to the fullest extent of the law. The laws of the State of California shall exclusively govern the Promotion.
Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Should any provision of these Official Rules be deemed unenforceable or invalid, the other provisions of these Official Rules shall remain in full force and effect. In the event that this Promotion is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority (including but not limited to any federal or state governmental authority), Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Promotion, as applicable, or to disqualify any Entrants residing in any affected geographic areas, as applicable. In such event, Sponsor shall have no liability to any Entrants who are disqualified due to such an action.
If all prizes are not awarded via the scratcher, Sponsor will conduct a random drawing after the Promotion Period to select winner(s) for any unclaimed prizes from all eligible non Prize winning entrants.
- REQUEST FOR NAMES: For a list of Winners and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: CausePlay, LLC DigitalFood Scratcher Sweepstakes, 1601 Sepulveda Blvd. #752, Manhattan Beach CA, 90266. All requests for a copy of the Official Rules and the names of Winners must be made by January 1, 2018. Please note on the front left-hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or “Prize Winners.”
- SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by CausePlay, LLC with North America headquarter offices at 1601 Sepulveda Blvd. #752, Manhattan Beach, CA, 90266, USA.. GBG Company or its affiliates are not a sponsor of this promotion.